Nate’s Monday Morning Message
Welcome to this week’s edition of Nate’s Monday Message…I am going to keep this email short and sweet this week! We are almost through the first quarter of 2019. How are you doing with your goals? Are you working a plan to achieve them? We’ve got to work a little harder than the competition, innovate, create and then level up. But remember to smile and have fun, be caring and compassionate, and make a difference. Let’s make it a great week!
Just for Today!
Written by Sybyl F Partridge in 1916 and printed in “How to Stop Worrying, And Start Living” by Dale Carnegie, 1951
- Just for today I will be happy. This assumes that what Abraham Lincoln said is true, that “most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” Happiness is from within; it is not a matter of externals.
- Just for today I will try to adjust myself to what is, and not try to adjust everything to my own desires. I will take my family, my business, and my luck as they come and fit myself to them.
- Just for today I will take care of my body. I will exercise it, care for it, nourish it, not abuse nor neglect it, so that it will be a perfect machine for my bidding.
- Just for today I will try to strengthen my mind. I will learn something useful. I will not be a mental loafer. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration.
- Just for today I will exercise my soul in three ways; I will do somebody a good turn and not get found out. I will do at least two things I don’t want to do as William James suggests, just for exercise.
- Just for today I will be agreeable. I will look as well as I can, dress as becomingly as possible, talk low, act courteously, be liberal with praise, criticize not at all, nor fault with anything and not try to regulate nor improve anyone.
- Just for today I will try to live through this day only, not to tackle my whole life problem at once. I can do things for twelve hours that would appall me if I had to keep them up for a lifetime.
- Just for today I will have a program. I will write down what I expect to do every hour. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it. It will eliminate two pests, hurry and indecision.
- Just for today I will have a quiet half hour all by myself and relax. In this half hour sometimes I will think of God, so as to get a little more perspective into my life.
- Just for today I will be unafraid, especially I will not be afraid to be happy, to enjoy what is beautiful, to love, and to believe that those I love, love me.
If we want to develop a mental attitude that will bring us peace and happiness, here is rule # 1: Think and act cheerfully, and you will feel cheerful.
WORDS OF INSPIRATION
“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” – Tony Robbins
“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” – Zig Ziglar
“People with goals succeed because they know where they’re going.” – Earl Nightingale
“If you go to work on your goals, your goals will go to work on you. If you go to work on your plan, your plan will go to work on you. Whatever good things we build end up building us.” – Jim Rohn